Tuesday, September 4, 2012

Still No Bear in Bear Country, by JJ Miles

I thought that once we got out of Yellowstone we would be done with bears, sadly.  However we got to Lake Tahoe and I realized we were still in Bear Country.  There were signs that said Bears and bear safe containers and the guy at the front desk told us to watch out for bears.  Warnings are one thing.
My mom really thought there would be bears too.  We went for a little walk from our campsite to the lake and all the while she thought there were bears around.  That proved to be true.  That night we cleaned up dinner and dessert and put everything in a bear safe container.  I thought we were going to be fine.  I wasn't even worried about a bear coming to get our food.  However Mom woke me up around 12:30 and said, Let's go.  We're going.  I just did what she said and had no clue why we were going.  At first I had no clue what she was talking about.  However I kept asking, why? and I soon got my response.  My mom told me that a bear had gotten into a bear safe container and had eaten our food.  So I found out that there was no way that our parents wanted to stay at our campsite.  Still I wanted to see a bear!  So we hurried into the car and left to go to another hotel.  And that's where we are now.  A wonderful condo with everything we could want and need.  However I wasn't completely satisfied - I haven't gotten to see a bear yet!

No comments:

Post a Comment