Tuesday, September 4, 2012

South Lake Tahoe by Annie MIles

It was a little bit of a drive from Jackson Hole but we made it. Where did we stay? Oh yeah, a log cabin in Idaho.  Then on our way to Lake Tahoe.  I'm sure a few of you have heard the story of the bear. Well this is the story.
We had our dinner, set up the tent and then sat around our campfire. Eventually it was time for bed and we packed in the tent. None of us knew that this was a big mistake for we were about to have to get away from the campsite and wake up in the middle of the night. We were all sleeping so well until my mom heard something walking and panting. My mom woke up my dad and he looked outside. Then we heard our neighbor scream and run into their car. Pretty fast, a forest ranger came and shooed the bear away. My parents waited for a half an hour to wake us up (they were cleaning up after the bear) and then leave. Matt and I woke up first and the story was that the air mattress was deflating and my parents couldn't sleep there. So Matt and I packed into the car and waited for the other boys to wake. They awoke and we hit the road. Our parents told us the real story and we got to stay at this spectacular condo! We will do some water sports today and I will hopefully blog more today. Hope all is well at home!

No comments:

Post a Comment